Bokcirkeln

Nästa träff är den 9 maj. Boken som ska läsas är Samuel J Delaney's Babel 17. =)

Friday, May 30, 2008

Arrr...I love me trusty ol' ship and it's mottley crew...


Even ye scurvy lubbers know a pirate's greatest asset is her/his ship and (somewhat) trusty crew of individuals invariably missing a bodypart or two... Though I did forget the pirate hat in the poll... oh, well...

I love a good olde pirate movie - Errol Flynn in 'Slaghöken', Eric Idle's 'Yellowbeard', 'Treasure Island', 'Hook' and even the new movies with Captain Jack Sparrow... I don't know why they're so compelling - maybe it's the romantic notion of gliding around the high seas bound by no law, in companionship with your mates just doing whatever you like. Being free. That's the idea, but of course the realities of pirate life was quite different...

What's your favorite pirate movie?

The next poll is cortesey Susanna - with some additions from me humble self. Enjoy!

No comments:

Bildspel...


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.