Bokcirkeln

Nästa träff är den 9 maj. Boken som ska läsas är Samuel J Delaney's Babel 17. =)

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Nightcrawler – the Winding Way


Nightcrawler – the Winding Way ***

Alright, so I’m a sucker for pointy ears. And I prefer my heroes to not be so damn human. What else is new? So, I miss my devilish-trickster. Thus the picture.

In this sort-of-follow-up on The Devil Inside Nightcrawler again has to battle the occult forces of Hell that seem to have some sort of personal issue with the devil-looking mutant. As it turns out, they do.
Tracking his own past with the help of Wolverine (who is really worried about his friend) and nurse Palmer (who still seem intent of getting him in a shower – Kurt, that is, not Logan), Kurt seems to be always one step behind. Some unknown force of evil is going rampant on Kurts past, killing the circus people he used to live with, torturing his foster sister and really upsetting his foster mother. (Not a wise choice, that last one.) But what they really want might be buried deeper than Kurt is prepared to dig…Literally. And in the end, it all comes down to if you’re ready to deal with the Devil or not…for the sake of those you love and loved.

Not so many shower scenes (thank Gods) but an amazingly large amount of strategically torn uniforms. And even more manly angst than in tDI; even Wolverine is scooping it out in this one. The only really fun scene is when Wolvie gets possessed, and his soul gets stuck in Hell. I suppose Hell looks different to everyone.
Snigger snigger.
Following this is of course a splendid scene of Wolvie and Fuzzy Elf bashing it out in a circus mirror-room. Always knew something like that would end in this way, didn’t I? ;oP
Ah well, this was the last of the Nightcrawler albums, although with this ending there is bound to be a sequel (I hope). Now what shall I do? No more pointy blue ears, alas….Hey, maybe I can get a hold on some Gambit albums! Red demon eyes aren’t pointy ears, but in these dull days I’ll take what I can get.
Quote (Wolverine, Gods damn it…):
“You know, the only thing I hate more than light beer is ramping hordes of zombies! ..Luckily, I've got nowhere else to be.”

1 comment:

Anna said...

tja...du kan alltid läsa mer anne bishop... ;-)

låter som ett kul album! kanske något att kolla in nästa gång serieabstinensen sätter in...?

Bildspel...


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.